Please do not use the Apply Now link on the SQR2 website to apply. Application instructions are below.
Located in downtown Seattle, WA, Ada Developers Academy, a fiscally sponsored project of Third Sector New England, is an intensive software developer training program for women and gender diverse people. During the one year program, students are taught the necessary programming techniques and best practices to gain employment as junior developers. The program consists of two distinct parts – six months in the classroom, and five months of internship, where students refine their skills working on real-world code in a corporate setting.
At Ada, teachers lead by example, demonstrating their passion for learning and their commitment to a high standard of excellence. In addition to high-caliber instruction on the core concepts of web development, teachers lead discussions, guide inquiry, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students and each other.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Education (DOE) is responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the educational offerings at Ada Developers Academy. The three main areas of focus are instructional team management, program maintenance, and program development.
Competitive candidates will possess a compelling combination of the following skills and experiences:
● 5+ years academic administration experience;
● 3+ years of direct management experience with a focus on trust and accountability;
● 1+ years of computer science or software development experience with an understanding of the unique nuances of the tech industry and the typical work culture;
● Curriculum development and instructional design experience as well as experience scaling/growing a program;
● Demonstrated advocacy for social justice and educational equity in the classroom;
● Demonstrated and proven commitment to diversity and inclusion with a knowledge of social justice topics including oppression, privilege, and microaggressions among others;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● Stellar intra and interpersonal skills;
● High emotional intelligence.
More information is available in the profile above.
To Be Considered
Ada Developers Academy envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, Ada strives to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Ada’s vision and values are reflected in all employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, Ada actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join in the work.
As an EOE/AA employer, Ada will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
To submit your cover letter and resume, please click here.
If you have questions or would like any additional information, feel free to reach out to Mr. Ed Rogan at email@example.com or by calling 206.697.8428.